These are all questions we ask ourselves before we consider our submissions complete. In case you missed the Image Awards workshop, here are a few tips from Chris Gent, APR, to help make your entry a success:
- Read the directions carefully, and be sure to address all five required elements in your two-page summary (Research, Objectives, Implementation, Evaluation and Budget).
- Track projects throughout the year, not just at awards time.
- Plan ahead to conduct research and document results.
- Focus on your two-page summary. It’s 70 percent of your total score.
- Carefully review the checklist provided in the Call for Entries, and make sure all criteria are met.
To ensure that your entry is complete, download a copy of the 2011 Call for Entries on the FPRA-OAC website today at fpra-orlando.org. All entries must be received by Friday, March 4, at 5 p.m. at Engauge (904 N. Orange Ave., Orlando).
The 2011 Image Awards Gala will be held on Thursday, April 28, at the Winter Park Farmers’ Market and is sure to be an event you won’t want to miss. If you have any questions, please e-mail Amy Hanigosky at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kendall Litton Jensen at email@example.com.