Dear Orlando members,
It’s been such a pleasure serving our chapter as president this year. I am very proud of all we’ve accomplished. Our chapter’s 21-member board of leaders were so impressive in their responsibilities and willingness to go above and beyond with helping each other and the entire chapter.
Here are just a few of their accomplishments this year:
- Our monthly professional development meetings moved around our region and record numbers of members came out to network and learn together.
- And, we held our first live streamed program with nationally recognized social media and branding expert, Ted Coiné
- More than 100 PR practitioners came out to Central Florida’s Media Mashup this year, which brought back our media roundtables and incorporated more digital tactics for today’s PR pros.
- Orlando’s membership remains strong, with more than 100 talented professionals who understand the importance of continued professional development
- We welcomed four new APRs and one CPRC to our ranks this year.
- You will soon see the fruits of much behind-the-scenes labor during the past year, when we reveal our brand new website. Stay tuned!
- Supporting a thriving student chapter at UCF, Quotes grew to be 60 members strong, and many students regularly attend our professional events looking to learn from our members.
- This year’s Image Awards was another amazing night to celebrate all we accomplished in our careers, with 66 percent of submissions winning an award.
What an amazing year! Through the board’s dedication, the Orlando Chapter is stronger than when we started. I’m so thankful for our board and supportive members, for your hard work and answering the call when volunteers were needed.
I hope you will join me in celebrating their accomplishments at this month’s breakfast on August 25 where we will also be installing our new leadership team led by Alayna Curry, APR. I’m confident this new group will take the chapter to even greater heights.
Laura Kern, APR
FPRA Orlando Area Chapter President
Contact me anytime!