Conference Scholarship – Apply by July 1
Apply to win a scholarship to this year’s annual conference, PR It’s Personal: Research – Relate – Respond, to be held at the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Orlando from August 6-9. This is a great opportunity to attend!
The FPRA Orlando Area Chapter will award up two scholarships to local chapter members for either the conference registration fee of $765 or the hotel accommodations. To apply, please email your responses to the questions below to Alayna Curry, APR at Alayna.Curry@orlandohealth.com by July 1, 2017. Please limit your answers to 75 words or less for each question and be sure to include all information outlined below:
- Years in public relations:
- How long have you been a member of FPRA?
- In what ways have you been involved with FPRA? (Committees, events attended, positions held, etc.)
- How will the conference scholarship benefit your career and current job?
- What do you hope to learn by attending conference, and how do you intend to incorporate it in your daily position?
- What is your greatest need, a conference scholarship or a hotel accommodations scholarship?
To be eligible, you must be an active member in good standing with the Orlando Area Chapter. Your chapter involvement and financial need will be considered. Please note that the scholarship covers the $765 conference registration fee and excludes lodging, food outside of meals included in the regular conference registration and all other related expenses. A hotel-only scholarship would include a reimbursement amount for three nights at the conference room block rate of $139/night including applicable taxes and fees.
All scholarship winners will be required to participate on the conference blogging team and to write a short article for PRoclaimer discussing what they learned and how it enhances their profession.