The FPRA-OAC nominating committee is pleased to announce the slate of officers for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors:
Kerry Martin, APR
Laura Kern, APR
Immediate Past President
Cynthia Lambert, APR
Asst. VP Membership
Stefanie Macfarlane, APR
Sheridan Becht, APR, CPRC
VP Student Outreach
VPs Professional Development and Media Roundtable
VPs Scholarship Fundraisers
VPs Image Awards
VP Media Relations
VPs Technology and Interactive Media
Michael McCarthy, APR
Additional nominations may be made by written petition signed by at least 15 percent of the qualified voting members of the chapter. Please send additional nominations to Allie Vatcher by May 31.
If you’re still looking for ways to get involved, you can join one of our committees. Contact Amanda Mestdagh, APR if you’d like to volunteer.
- Media Roundtable: This half-day workshop is a partnership with PRSA and gives members an opportunity to interact with media representatives from various outlets. The program also includes a keynote luncheon speaker.
- Scholarship Fundraiser: This committee plans fundraising events to benefit the students of the University of Central Florida and the Hamilton Holt School at Rollins College.
- PRoclaimer Newsletter: Assist with the research, development and writing of the monthly newsletter.
- Accreditation: Organize, plan, promote and execute the accreditation process for members of the Orlando Area Chapter. Coordinate the preparation and testing of accreditation and certification candidates.
- Professional Development Workshop: A half-day program offered in the fall for public relations practitioners and representatives from all organizations.
- Image Awards: Help plan one of our signature events, an annual competition to recognize outstanding public relations programs in Central Florida.
- Membership: Assist with retention, recruitment and relations of members for the Orlando Area Chapter.