1) Learn from some of the best in the public relations profession! Every year, the FPRA Annual Conference features speakers who have a high-level of knowledge and experience in their craft. PR legends such as Harold Burson and Aaron Cushman are among the great speakers who have been heard at an FPRA conference. Conference has also featured senior-level communicators from companies such as Ford Motor Company, Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, NASA, Disney, and Universal Studios!
2) Network with your professional peers. Every year the FPRA Annual Conference attracts hundreds of PR practitioners from around the state to engage in a four-day professional development conference. During this time, attendees are given multiple opportunities to network with their peers in both professional and casual settings.
3) Receive recognition for your professional accomplishments. A conference highlight is FPRA’s Golden Image Awards. For more than 50 years, PR professionals have been competing to bring home the “Gold” and stand before their peers to be recognized for their quality work.
4) Get reenergized and inspired! There’s no better way to get motivated and excited about your next big project than to break away from your daily routine and spend some time in a beautiful resort where you are learning about new PR tools and tactics while connecting with other professionals in your field that are focused and dedicated to their PR profession.
5) Build your professional resource library. One of the most valuable treasures conference attendees come home with is information! Information in the form of resources tools such as books from our PR library; speaker presentations; speaker handouts and notes; and product and service information from vendors who are in the business of supporting professional communicators.
6) Get credentialed! If you’re thinking about becoming Accredited in Public Relations (APR) or getting certified (Certified Public Relations Counselor), then the FPRA Annual Conference is where you need to be. Every year at the FPRA conference an APR and CPRC class is provided to conference attendees to help qualified candidates successfully prepare to sit for the APR and CPRC exams.
7) Celebrate accomplishments with your professional peers. Join your professional peers at FPRA’s Past Presidents’ Luncheon for the time-honored tradition of recognizing chapter and individual professional accomplishments. Who knows … you might be the one walking the isle to receive your APR and/or CPRC pin. Sounds good … doesn’t it?
8) Be in the know. People who have attended an FPRA conference have often said … “I heard about ‘that’ six months ago at the FPRA Annual Conference.” Be among the first to hear about the latest trends in our business. The conference planners are always seeking to bring the latest and greatest information and practices to the attention of the attendees … giving them a competitive advantage in their work place to do their jobs better.
9) Get direct access. There’s no better way to get face time with some of the most influential PR people in the state of Florida then to attend an FPRA Annual Conference. If you’re looking for feedback on a project or just want to talk with other professionals in your industry, or an industry you want to be in, then the FPRA Annual Conference is where you need to be.
10) Enhance the profession. By attending an FPRA Annual Conference you have joined an elite group of PR professionals who have been helping to enhance the public relations profession since 1938. Every year the FPRA Annual Conference seeks to elevate the profession by not only providing a stellar speaker lineup, but by hosting a scholarship fundraiser designed to help raise funds to support the education needs of both public relations students and professionals.
Congratulations to FPRA Board member Allie Stevens on her new position with Valencia Community College in Orlando as a senior strategic marketing manager.